The Schots Story
Change of Mind Return Policy
Schots reserves the right not to offer a refund or replacement if a customer simply changes their mind.
Under the Australian Consumer Law, the customer is entitled to seek a remedy if the product does not meet the consumer guarantees.
If a consumer identifies a problem with a product, that means it does not meet a consumer guarantee, the store or seller may have to provide a 'remedy' such as:
The type of remedy a customer is entitled to depends on the nature of the problem and whether the problem is major or minor. Please find link to Consumer Affairs Victoria for more information Consumer Affairs Website Here.
At Schots we understand that at times we can all make a mistake and offer a 7-14 day change of mind provided the product/s meets our Change of Mind Terms & Conditions we are happy to refund you in full, with proof of purchase if:
- Your order is cancelled prior to picking
- Within 7 days of delivery OR 14 days of purchase date
- Products are in original condition and packaging
If the item has been picked or delivered, we can arrange for the item to be returned to our Distribution Centre and provide you with a refund for the product only (delivery fee is not refundable for change of mind) less a Return Fee (see Return Fees for more information) and/or if applicable a 20% Restocking fee (see Restocking Fees for more information).
Change of Mind Terms and Conditions
Schots do not offer refunds or exchange for a change of mind if the product:
- Has been previously installed or altered
- Is a Clearance, Last One or Ex-Display product
- Custom/Special Order
- Is 'ordered-in' from a 3rd Party Supplier
- Commercial Orders
- Proof of purchase cannot be provided
- You are not the original customer
It is imperative that you choose carefully and confirm at time of purchase that these items are right for you or your project as they cannot be cancelled or exchanged once the order is placed. To assist in identifying 3rd party items the SKU prefix will not begin with KA or ZZ (exceptions for Tradco (SKU prefix THW) and Lode (SKU prefix LOI).
We do not accept returns of items wilfully damaged or through normal wear and tear.
Proof of Purchase Requirements and Return of Payment
Proof of purchase is a requirement for all returns and exchanges. Returns with an original receipt may be refunded in the original form of payment; cash purchase refunds over $300 may be issued via wire payment/Direct Deposit into your nominated account upon completion of a payment request email. Returns purchased with a gift voucher will be credited or exchanged at the original purchase price in the form of a credit note. Where the original transaction involved multiple forms of payment, which included a gift voucher and a refund amount less than the total original transaction amount, the refund amount will first be issued in the form of a credit note up to the amount originally paid by gift voucher, with any remaining amount then refunded to the credit or debit card used for the purchase up to the amount originally paid.
For Change of Mind returns a 20% Restocking Fee applies for the following returns:
- All furniture
- Marble Mantels
- Iron Doors
- Tradco (SKU prefix THW)
- Lode (SKU prefix LOI)
- See Change of Mind T&Cs for further clarification.
A 50% Restocking Fee (before any discounts) applies if a product is not returned in its original packaging. This will be deducted from the amount refunded.
Restocking fees do not apply where Schots has acknowledged the goods have arrived damaged, faulty or incorrect.
The Return Fee, if applicable is based on your location and the size of the items you are returning.
The below points apply to change of mind returns:
- FREE DELIVERY ORDERS: If you originally received free delivery, the original delivery cost will also be deducted from your refund including any return or redelivery fees.
- PAID DELIVERY ORDERS: If you originally paid for the delivery, this shipping fee will not be refunded, and the additional Return Fee will be deducted from your refund.
- Storage, delivery upgrade and re-delivery fees will not be refunded.
You will not be charged a return fee if Schots has acknowledged the item/s have arrived damaged, faulty, or incorrect.
All returned goods must be in the original packaging, as our Couriers do not transport unpackaged items. Therefore, you must keep the original packaging if you would like to return the goods.
Our White Glove Delivery Service (non Courier) includes assembly and packaging removal. If you have selected this delivery service, ask the delivery team to leave the packaging if you are considering returning the goods.
For all Change of Mind returns, it is your responsibility to ensure that the items are returned to us in the same condition (including any packaging) in which you received them. Our delivery partners will not accept items without packaging due to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations. Upon the return of the items, our Distribution Centre Team will thoroughly assess the goods to determine the status and restocking fees may apply (see Restocking Fees for more information).
In the instance, you have received a faulty or damaged item that needs to be returned, and you have disposed of the original packaging. We ask you to source alternative material for secure return as our delivery partners will not accept unpacked items due to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
If you would like to discuss your options of cancelling or returning a product see below.
How do I Cancel my Order?
Provided it meets our Change of Mind terms, you can cancel your order by:
If you ordered in-store, calling the store where you made your purchase, and our team will help talk through your options. You can find the store contact details here.
If you ordered online, email [email protected] with your invoice number and a brief description of why you wish to cancel your order. Our team will be in touch to discuss a suitable outcome.
How can I make an Exchange?
Provided it meets our Change of Mind Terms & Conditions, you can exchange your order by:
If you ordered in-store, call the store where you made your purchase, and our team will help talk through your options. You can find the store contact details here.
If you ordered online, email [email protected] with your invoice number, photos (if required), and a brief description of why you wish to make an exchange. Our team will be in touch to discuss a suitable outcome.
What do I do if I have received a faulty product?
Upon receipt, ensure that you inspect your purchase and notify us of any missing parts, faults, damage, or incorrect items immediately. These must be reported within 3 days of receiving the delivery. Faulty claims outside the 3-day reporting period will be assessed under warranty. Please email [email protected] with your invoice number, photos of fault/damage, and a clear description of the fault/damage. Our team will be in touch within 3 business days to discuss a suitable outcome.
How can I make a warranty claim?
If you believe your product is faulty email [email protected] with your invoice number, photos of fault, and a clear description of the fault. Our team will be in touch within 3 business days to discuss a suitable outcome.
Store Credit (Credit Note) Terms and Conditions
- Store Credit can be redeemed for goods and/or services in Schots stores only.
- Store Credits cannot be used to purchase Gift Cards.
- A Store Credit is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
- Any unused Store Credit will not be redeemable after 12 months and the validity date cannot be extended.
- Once a Store Credit has been issued, the value cannot be changed for a cash refund.
- Store Credits do not accrue interest.
- Store Credits can only be used on orders associated with your original account or email address. Store credit cannot be transferred to another person or account.
- Schots will not be responsible for any lost or stolen Store Credit.
- Store Credit cannot be issued for purchases made with Zip Money or Afterpay.
- If the value of your purchase is less than the value of the Store Credit, your spend will be deducted, and the remaining balance can be redeemed when you next make a purchase. Purchase amounts that exceed the value of the Store Credit will require an additional method of payment for the balance due.
- If an Order made using Store Credit is cancelled or returned, the portion of the purchase attributable to the store credit will be restored to your account only and not refunded as cash.
- We reserve the right to correct the balance of your store credit if we believe that a clerical or account error has occurred.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- RETENTION OF TITLE: All goods remain the property of Schots Home Emporium until paid in full by the purchaser.
- CANCELLATIONS: Schots Home Emporium reserves the right to charge a $15%+GST admin fee and withhold an additional 20% restocking/handling fee of the cancellation value.
- All products and services that require a lead-time to supply and/or manufacture are classified as a CUSTOM ORDER and/or 3rd Party Order.
- All monies/deposits paid on Special/Custom Products/Services supplied by Schots Home Emporium are NON-REFUNDABLE for change of mind.
To review the warranty information for any specific product please check the product page. Provided below is our general warranty information for Schots Home Emporium. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact customer service on 1300 463 353.
General Warranty - Click to Open/Download